A Bit About EHRV
Engineering is at the heart of Elite HRV, a fast-growing well-funded early stage company. Publicly we have built the top HRV biomarker toolkit for health, wellness, stress management, and fitness. But behind the scenes we’re creating a game-changing new technology for real-time biomarker detection with AI at its core. Your work will empower people on all 7 continents to look, feel, and perform better in life, work and play. You will change lives for the better by creating next generation products that are a bridge to the future of human-tech interaction.
- You’ll extract insights from a rich database of biomarkers and contextual data, augmented by your assessment of human physiology and biomarker research. You may transform them into recommendation algorithms, scores, and other product features.
- You’ll participate in gathering market-input from visionary businesses who serve large numbers of end-users with health, wellness, fitness and entertainment products – and help translate the data into key strategic insights.
- You’ll also assist the marketing and growth teams with new insights and content that engage our userbase and improve our domain authority
- You’ll help the ML team generate synthetic data using novel extraction methods with our unique database.
- As a Data Scientist, you will have not only a high degree of flexibility, autonomy, ownership and influence over your work, but also over the broad direction of the company’s product development priorities. You will work on some of the most challenging technical problems out there together with a world class team.
- You’ll join a team where everyone—including you—is:
- a fearless and eager learner with a pragmatic “can-do” approach
- intellectually honest – you aren’t afraid of uncertainty and acknowledge it as you take action
- proactive in finding and solving problems, often times without a clear blueprint
- If you’re attracted to solving tough problems and a collaborative learning approach with lots of mentorship opportunities, you’ll fit in well. You’ll work most closely with the Chief Scientific Officer, the Head of R&D and AI, and the Product Team.
- Our team has repeatedly told us that Elite HRV is a great place to work:
- Role and Impact: Your contribution is important, immediate and impactful to us, our users, and through our mission, the world.
- Lifestyle: You have flexible hours and vacation, and a conscious focus on work-life balance (outdoor walking meetings – yes please!). From whatever perfect location suits you most ideally – as long as you have good internet access.
- Team and Culture: You’re part of a deeply collaborative, dedicated, respectful, diverse and transparent team driven to learn, grow and make a massive impact, together.
- Career Advancement: We are solving truly hard problems. So you’ll get unlimited opportunities for challenge, ownership, mentorship and professional growth, plus financial support and expectations to continuously upskill and hone your craft.
- Product: We’re building unique products that upend the current expectations, using a cutting-edge tech stack and great home office setups.
- Compensation: You’ll not just receive a competitive salary. You’ll also receive education, wellness and workplace stipends, a 401K better than 90% of similar companies, and the opportunity to participate in the company’s ongoing success as a shareholder, among other benefits.
Elite HRV has always been a remote organization (before it was cool!), so you’ll use world-class remote communication, collaboration and project-tracking tools on your fast, new, company-issued hardware.
For your technical output, you will use AWS, MySQL, Python, TensorFlow, Numpy, SciPy, Scikit-learn, Keras, Pandas as well as various data visualization tools (you can teach us which ones are the best).
Skill Set and Interests
- You’ll need to bring solid hands-on data science experience, including requisite programming skills
- You’re comfortable with classification and clustering methods
- You excel at visualizing the data, so you can teach us mere mortals what it’s saying
- You’ll need a solid statistics background – we are not picky on how, but it is very important to your contribution here
- You have experience working with visual and/or time-series data
- Bonus: you have interfaced with end-users of products, for example, in primary research
- Tip: You’ll have even more fun if you already have an interest in improving the human condition (even if it’s just your own).
Within 3 Months You Will
- Know more than you ever thought possible about how human physiology quantitatively responds to the rigors of stress, activity, nutrition, sleep and the environment.
- Watch your work get deployed into the real world, via real products, to change real people’s lives at scale
- Be mining a uniquely valuable and accurate dataset of biomarkers and contextual data
- Be engaged and and proactive with an outstanding and passionate team of ML and Product engineers
On the Journey to a New Horizon
- You will propel the work performed by R&D, Product and marketing teams
- You will build the insights and connect-the-dots necessary for the launch of brand new stealth-mode technology that bridges to the future
“The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit.” Nelson Henderson
Join a talented close-knit team dedicated to planting a tree for the future.