Remote / location options
High quality products are extremely important to Elite HRV. Your work will empower people on all 7 continents to look, feel, and perform better in life, work and sport, while minimizing time wasted with bugs or product design flaws. You will change lives for the better. You will play a key role on a small cross-functional team of high performers that includes design, quality, and other engineers.
About the role
- On a typical day, you may test a new enhancement, write a bug report, help a customer with an issue, review new UI designs, or improve your team’s tools.
- You will regularly provide constructive criticism to designers and engineers about their work.
- Strong attention to detail and strong communication skills are required.
- You will test mobile apps, web apps, various physical devices. Access to all necessary devices will be provided to you.
- Our engineering team strives to release small, frequent iterations, making efficient use of Git, dedicated deployment tools, Trello, and Slack, amongst other tools. We are also not afraid to refactor, refresh or rebuild things as needed.
- You will regularly combine metrics and concrete analysis with human intuition and gut checks to help determine the best path forward.
- You will tackle an extremely diverse set of challenges and projects. You will go outside of your comfort zone, and you will have major influence on the company’s evolution.
- You will work with a diverse array of people, both inside and outside of Elite HRV to create the best products and solutions possible.
- You are joining our tribe. On any given project, you have the full support of the entire company, including the founding team and our network of advisors and resources. Your opinion on all aspects of the business are important to us and taken into serious consideration as we all grow together.
- Your team performs engineering support when a question can’t be answered by our top-notch support team. We’ll get you up-to-speed with engineering support so you can help our customers and improve the product along the way.
- Everything is secondary to the customer experience. We expect you to have a keen sense of how your work may impact the customer experience in terms of performance, security, privacy and usability.
- You will regularly deploy work that changes people’s lives for the better.
People and industries that we serve
- Normal people, with normal health and fitness goals
- High performance sports
- Health and wellness practitioners
- Meditation, stress management, and biofeedback
- Military and first responders
- Finance and business people
- Corporate wellness
- Universities and scientific research teams
- and many more!
- You are actively interested in health and wellbeing and are not satisfied with the health status quo. You realize that health and human performance do not have cookie cutter solutions, and you want to learn more about them.
- You are very experienced with testing complex applications on both web and mobile. You understand the importance of small details, especially at scale. You view “best practices” as a starting point for critical thinking, rather than a dogma to follow.
- You have modern QA testing skills, including strong documentation, communication, and workflow.
- You have an opinion about Alpha, Beta, Closed, Open, User, Regression, Smoke, and other types of testing.
- Your tests are not only timely and detailed, but can be read, heard, and understood easily by the engineers and designers on your team.
- You believe in being deeply involved in the development process, including encouraging and teaching others on the team how to help test and how to make the overall process more efficient.
- You understand that some things are too costly to automate and must be manually tested to get it right.
- You take pride in your work and ownership of the solutions you are a part of creating. When a team member or customer is in need, you feel a sense of urgency to understand their pain and thoughtfully help.
- You are curious and constantly learning. Believing that “a rising tide lifts all ships,” you make everyone around you better by sharing what you have learned and looking for ways to improve both yourself and the team.
- You enjoy the finer details required to deliver a rich product with exceptional UX. From UI interactions to handling important edge cases, you take satisfaction in delivering a solid experience that delights the users, adds value to the business, and lasts over time.
- You are a humble professional who wants to be challenged by the work and not the workload. You are willing to ask for help when necessary and unafraid to say, “I don’t know.”
- You are proactive about solving problems and improving things. You take the initiative to build tools and processes that will help everyone. You leave things better than you found them.
- You are an excellent communicator who can write and speak with empathy for our customers and team. You can easily communicate complex ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
What our tribe offers
- Your health and satisfaction come first. You can expect respect, challenge, friendly banter, travel, movement promoting desks, outdoor time, and much more.
- Competitive salary – We pay at or above market salary and are transparent with our team members about compensation, business metrics, and company financials.
- Flexible vacation – Take time off when you need it, we trust you.
- Great tools – Each employee will be provided with a Mac laptop and 27” display (or whatever you need to succeed).
- Personal development – We strongly encourage learning and personal growth. We are open to paying for books, conferences, courses, and other learning materials related to health, performance, engineering, and related subjects.
- See below for more on “How we work”!
Elite HRV was started by 2 friends in 2014. Now our small team of 8 supports over 250,000 users in 60+ countries and is growing quickly. We come from diverse backgrounds and are united by a passion for building a better world and tackling tough challenges.
Our mission is to deliver the tools, guidance and helping hand that people around the world need to achieve their health and performance goals. We are honored to say that our efforts have literally saved lives (disclaimer!), increased profits, and helped athletes win world competitions in many sports.
How we work
We value (and require) transparency, trust, and communication, which translates to an extremely open, flexible, and high performing work environment.
Each person sets their own schedule. Nobody is micromanaged, but help is always a message away.
Asynchronous or spontaneous discussions are favored over scheduled meetings. Some things are scheduled though, and we respect each other’s time by showing up on time and prepared or communicating in advance.
Nobody can consistently stare at a computer screen all day. We strongly discourage working at night and strongly encourage breaks and movement during the day.
Above all, we want Elite HRV to be a place where passionate people can do their very best work. You’ll be surrounded by driven, supportive teammates who will push you to be better. We take work/life harmony seriously, too, as we want every career at Elite HRV to be a long and satisfying one.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We have read the studies and understand that diverse teams build better products, bring more perspective to the table, contribute to a company’s financial success and help foster a more inclusive environment for all employees, but the bottom line is that it’s the right thing to do.