Research Writer and Assistant
Full-time or part-time
Remote / location options
An important element of Elite HRV’s mission is to share knowledge and best practices on maintaining health, fitness and performance.
This high-quality education has always been informed by the latest peer-reviewed research and practical discussions with experts in relevant fields. There are over 20,000 research papers using HRV, and more papers appear everyday on health, performance, fitness and stress management.
We’re looking for someone to help search and review this cutting-edge research. You’ll pick and choose complex scientific and technical concepts and translate them into engaging and practical messages.
Your work will be read and heard by our 300,000+ (and rapidly growing) community. You will interface with leading experts (researchers, doctors, advisors, consultants and coaches).
About the role
- On a typical day, you may work on a new feature, help a customer with an issue, create a third party integration, or improve your team’s tools.
- On a typical day you may interview an expert, write a white paper or blog post, search the latest scientific literature, answer a researcher’s questions about their study protocol, or inform our team on the latest interesting scientific findings.
- You’ll collaborate and brainstorm with designers, campaign managers and leadership to better understand our community and their needs.
- You’ll work with growth teams to ensure that all content is optimized for search engine optimization (SEO) and contains sufficient keyword placement along with compelling titles.
- You are joining our tribe. On any given project, you have the full support of the entire company, including the founding team and our network of advisors and resources. Your opinion on all aspects of the business are important to us and taken into serious consideration as we all grow together.
- Everything is secondary to the customer experience. We expect you to have a keen sense of how your work may impact the customer experience, customer expectations, and fulfillment of customer needs.
- You will regularly deploy work that changes people’s lives for the better.
People and industries that we serve
- Normal people, with normal health and fitness goals
- High performance sports
- Health and wellness practitioners
- Meditation, stress management, and biofeedback
- Military and first responders
- Finance and business people
- Corporate wellness
- Universities and scientific research teams
- and many more!
- You are a scientist at heart: you have previous scientific and technical research experience from a Bachelor’s (or other post-secondary school) degree.
- You are actively interested in health and wellbeing and are not satisfied with the health status quo. You realize that health and human performance do not have cookie cutter solutions, and you want to learn more about them.
- You are curious and constantly learning. Believing that “a rising tide lifts all ships,” you make everyone around you better by sharing what you have learned and looking for ways to improve both yourself and the team.
- You view “best practices” as a starting point for critical thinking, rather than a dogma to follow.
- You are self-motivated and take pride in your work and ownership of the solutions you build.
- You are an excellent communicator who can write and speak with empathy for our customers and team. You can easily communicate complex ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
What our tribe offers
- Your health and satisfaction come first. You can expect respect, challenge, friendly banter, travel, movement promoting desks, outdoor time, and much more.
- Competitive salary – We pay at or above market salary and are transparent with our team members about compensation, business metrics, and company financials.
- Flexible vacation – Take time off when you need it, we trust you.
- Great tools – Each employee will be provided with a Mac laptop and 27” display (or whatever you need to succeed).
- Personal development – We strongly encourage learning and personal growth. We are open to paying for books, conferences, courses, and other learning materials related to health, performance, engineering, and related subjects.
- See below for more on “How we work”!
Elite HRV was started by 2 friends in 2014. Now our small team supports over 300,000 users in 60+ countries and is growing quickly. We come from diverse backgrounds and are united by a passion for building a better world and tackling tough challenges.
Our mission is to deliver the tools, guidance and helping hand that people around the world need to achieve their health and performance goals. We are honored to say that our efforts have literally saved lives (disclaimer!), increased profits, and helped athletes win world competitions in many sports.
How we work
We value (and require) transparency, trust, and communication, which translates to an extremely open, flexible, and high performing work environment.
Each person sets their own schedule. Nobody is micromanaged, but help is always a message away.
Asynchronous or spontaneous discussions are favored over scheduled meetings. Some things are scheduled though, and we respect each other’s time by showing up on time and prepared or communicating in advance.
Nobody can consistently stare at a computer screen all day. We strongly discourage working at night and strongly encourage breaks and movement during the day.
Above all, we want Elite HRV to be a place where passionate people can do their very best work. You’ll be surrounded by driven, supportive teammates who will push you to be better. We take work/life harmony seriously, too, as we want every career at Elite HRV to be a long and satisfying one.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We have read the studies and understand that diverse teams build better products, bring more perspective to the table, contribute to a company’s financial success and help foster a more inclusive environment for all employees, but the bottom line is that it’s the right thing to do.