Sr. Software Engineer
Full-time. Remote-first. Focus on SDK and API development for delivery to external dev teams.
Engineering is at the heart of Elite HRV. We’re a well funded early-stage startup building a developer toolkit (SDK+API) for real-time biomarker detection with applications in stress, fitness, gaming, health, and lifestyle products. Customer and investor demand are high (even though our new tech isn’t even out of stealth mode yet), so we need more great people to help solve tough R&D and development challenges as we go-to-market.
Your work will empower people on all 7 continents to look, feel, and perform better in life, work and sport. You will change lives for the better. You will play a lead role on a small cross-functional team of high performers that includes engineers with various backgrounds, QA, design, and anything else needed to succeed!
About the role
Elite HRV is seeking a Senior Software Engineer with multiple years of software development experience.
- On a typical day, you will develop and improve one or more SDKs and APIs which package and deliver our new cutting edge biomarker tech for use by third party dev teams.
- We currently use AWS cloud infrastructure, and this role does not require a strong DevOps background (though it is a plus).
- You will likely interact directly with dev teams at other companies, including many world-class brands.
- You will tackle an extremely diverse set of challenges and projects. You will go outside of your comfort zone, and you will have major influence on the company’s evolution.
- You will have strong influence over architecture as we scale up our product and API.
- Testing and documentation are extremely important for external facing dev tools.
- You will work on tooling and services to help build and improve the reliability of our API and help improve our engineering standards and processes.
- Everything is secondary to the customer and end-user experience. We expect you to have a keen sense of how your work may impact the customer experience in terms of performance, security, privacy and usability.
- You will regularly deploy work that changes people’s lives for the better across many industries!
- You have an extensive software development background in fast-paced environments, and at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- You do not need to be an expert in any one programming language, but relevant experience with at least some of the languages we use is a requirement.
- You have a passion for product development and solving tough problems with creative solutions.
- You enjoy the finer details required to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Your code is not only reliable and performant for customers, but can be read, maintained and understood easily by other engineers on your team and externally.
- You prioritize strong documentation and communication, and you appreciate why that’s so important for third-party developers to have a great experience.
- You are an excellent communicator who can write and speak with empathy for our customers and team. You can easily communicate complex ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You are proactive about solving problems and improving things. You take the initiative to build tools and processes that will help everyone. You leave things better than you found them.
People and industries that we serve
- Normal people, with normal health and fitness goals
- High performance sports
- Health and wellness practitioners
- Meditation, stress management, and biofeedback
- Military and first responders
- Finance and business people
- Corporate wellness
- Universities and scientific research teams
- and many more!