Product & UX Designer Job Description
A Bit About EHRV
As a fast-growing, well-funded startup, EHRV exists to solve real problems for real people and cares deeply about design and the user experience. Customer obsession is a real thing.
Publicly, we are the top HRV biomarker toolkit for health, wellness, stress management, and fitness. Behind the scenes, however, we’re creating a stunning new technology for real-time biomarker detection with AI at its core.
Your work will help people on all 7 continents improve their life, work, and play by designing the bridge (UX) between our new biomarker technology and the real people whose lives it will change.
- As a Product & UX designer at EHRV, you will have flexibility, autonomy, and ownership over the end-to-end Product & UX Design process.
- You will go deep, researching and understanding the needs, desires, and concerns of the end-user, and translating those needs into a beautiful and surprisingly enjoyable user experience.
- You will directly influence the direction of the company’s design and UX efforts as a whole and will play a critical role in integrating EHRV’s “customer first” core value into every user interaction and visual.
- The sky’s the limit! If you have a desire to be involved in any particular project or initiative at EHRV, you probably can! We understand that passion is a key component to successful projects.
- You will have flexibility, autonomy, and ownership over your own work.
- You’ll join a team where everyone—including you—is:
- an eager learner with a pragmatic “can-do” approach
- intellectually honest – you understand and acknowledge what you don’t know, as you take action
- proactive about finding and solving problems, often times without a clear blueprint
- If you’re attracted to solving tough problems collaboratively, you’ll fit in well. You’ll work most closely with the Product team, and the Founders.
- Our team has repeatedly told us that Elite HRV is a great place to work:
- Role and Impact: Your contribution is important, immediate and impactful to us, our users, and through our mission, the world.
- Lifestyle: You have flexible hours and vacation, and a conscious focus on work-life balance (outdoor walking meetings – yes please!). From whatever perfect location suits you most ideally – as long as you have good internet.
- Team and Culture: You’re part of a deeply collaborative, dedicated, respectful, diverse and transparent team driven to learn, grow and make a massive impact, together.
- Career Advancement: We are solving truly hard problems. So you’ll get unlimited opportunities for challenge, ownership, mentorship and professional growth, plus financial support and expectations to continuously upskill and hone your craft.
- Product: We’re building unique products that upend the current expectations, using a cutting-edge tech stack and great home office setups.
- Compensation: In addition to competitive pay, you’ll also receive wellness stipends, a 401K better than 90% of similar companies, and the opportunity to participate in the company’s ongoing success as a shareholder, among other benefits.
Skill Set and Interests
- Our ideal candidate will have empathy, a deep understanding of human-centered design principles, experience with user research, user testing, and designing user interfaces.
- At least 3 years of experience as a Product Designer, UX Designer, UX Researcher, Interaction Designer, or similar role
- Likes to ask questions like: “Who is this product/feature for?”, “What problems are we solving?”, “What are users’ biggest pain points?”, “How will people use this product/feature?” and “Is it actually usable?”
- Brings proficiency with UI/UX design-related software and tools
- Our ideal candidate will also possess the ability to communicate complex information using design tools, including low fidelity to high fidelity prototypes, task flows, as well as interactive wireframes & specs.
- Tip: It’ll be that much more fun for you if you have an interest in improving the human condition (yours or other folks!)
Within 3 Months You Will…
- Help define our design vision, lead best practices, and contribute to build a Product team that is at the forefront of UX and Product Design.
- Participate in a at least one full Product iteration, including learning about the product, conducting research, and other necessary steps through to high fidelity designs.
- Help the team build a great Product Design process to ensure we deliver impactful products to solve our customers problems now and ongoing.
- Delve deep and understand how EHRV users are responding to our new biomarker technology and how well it addresses their pain points.
- Watch and stay connected as your work has a real-world impact within weeks of your onboarding!
You Will Help EHRV
- Deeply understand their current and future users’ needs, motivations and pain points
- Mold the user experiences for the pivotal launch of brand new stealth-mode technology that bridges to the future
- Shape and help build an amazing design team
“The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit.” Nelson Henderson
Join a talented close-knit team dedicated to planting a tree for the future.