Amino Acids, Neurotransmitters & HRV with Dr. Eldred Taylor
Episode Resources and Links
- Taylor MD Formulations Supplements (recommend checking out Amino Restore). Use coupon code “elitehrv” to get a 10% discount.
- Blog post going deeper into micronutrients, supplementation and Taylor MD Formulations on the Elite HRV blog
In This Episode
Could micronutrient deficiencies be holding you back?
Dr. Eldred Taylor shares the importance of amino acids for energy and autonomic nervous system health, as well as how they and other micronutrients impact your Heart Rate Variability.
Hint: These topics could be a good place to look if your energy levels, motivation, and general health aren’t where you’d like them to be.
PowerPoint Images Discussed
- 02:30 – What are amino acids? From neurotransmitters to muscle tissue
- 5:45 – Which neurotransmitters are important to pay attention to (and are under your control)?
- 9:00 – Potential root causes and consequences of neurotransmitter imbalance
- 14:45 – Cravings: Serotonin’s relationship to blood glucose, insulin and amino acids
- 18:15 – Why cravings can make you exhibit uncontrollable (& sometimes socially unacceptable) behavior
- 19:30 – Why is amino acid deficiency so prevalent?
- 20:15 – The dark side of antacids & why to avoid them
- 26:45 – The role of gut bacteria in amino acid absorption and utilization.
- 29:45 – How gut bacteria influences the immune system and digestive enzymes
- 30:45 – Are you really eating a wide variety of foods? Or just rearranging the same ingredients?
- 34:30 – Which nutrients are important for better energy and improved HRV?
- 40:30 – Aging: What you can do to postpone or reverse biological aging
- 42:45 – Acid reflux: More stomach acid might be better, especially as you age
- 44:45 – Simple tips for better digestion and nutrient absorption
- 46:15 – Nutrients from whole foods vs supplements
- 48:45 – Vegans: Why L-Carnitine is super important
- 50:45 – Supplementing micronutrients and amino acids to increase HRV