Brain Hypertrophy & Neurological Maladaptation – with Jonathan Moore
Jonathan Moore, BSc, MChiro, CST
Chiropractor, CranioSacral Therapist, Coach, Founder of Vitae Holistic Wellness
Website(s): Vitae Holistic Wellness, Legacy Coaching
In This Episode
Jonathan Moore, a qualified Chiropractor from Sydney Australia, joins us to delve deeper into the brain and the neurological system. He explains how stress causes real, physical change within the brain and affects neuroplastic adaptation, and how these physical changes actually affect our tolerance of future stress, as well as affect our energy levels, our ability to perform critical thinking, motivation, the immune system, and more.
- 5:10 – What is neurological disconnection?
- 6:00 – Neurological connection for healing & function
- 8:20 – The individuality of responses to stress
- 9:00 – How your neurology physically changes
- 9:40 – Maladaptive neuroplastic change & synaptic atrophy
- 10:50 – Acute stress response vs chronic stress response
- 11:50 – Does perception of stress matter?
- 12:30 – Perception creates reality & public speaking
- 14:50 – How beliefs drive behavior
- 15:20 – When sleep is not an option
- 17:00 – Prefrontal cortex inhibition – losing executive function & critical thinking
- 18:20 – Final exams and students
- 19:45 – The power of self awareness
- 21:15 – Brain fog, heart pounding, and pain
- 22:20 – Dealing with overwhelm & low energy
- 23:10 – Bandaids vs better choices
- 26:00 – Taking control over your health situation
- 27:20 – What is maladaptive neuroplastic change?
- 28:20 – How your choices physically alter your brain
- 29:20 – Health management for leaders in business
- 31:45 – Hypertrophy of the amygdala
- 32:05 – Wiring your brain for fear. Wow.
- 32:20 – What causes loss of clear thinking, creativity, and productivity?
- 33:05 – Immune system dysfunction
- 33:50 – Exercising away your stress
- 36:00 – How to regulate your cortisol levels
- 37:40 – The most important thing for you to do
- 38:20 – Cortisol receptor down regulation & caffeine
- 39:50 – I don’t need much sleep! Ok, tough guy.
- 40:40 – Defining your life’s big picture, beyond next quarter
- 42:40 – How your body resists change, even good change
- 44:20 – That’s all great, but what should you do now?
- 45:20 – Yoda, Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader
- 47:20 – The power of having the right support group
- 49:45 – Stress induced dendritic remodeling & synaptic atrophy
- 51:30 – Break down of neurotransmitters & synapses
- 53:00 – Are maladaptive neuroplastic changes quantifiable?
- 54:40 – Medical tourism: How cheaper medical exams can pay for a beach vacation
- 56:10 – Is brain atrophy reversible?