Theory to Practice with Keith Norris
Listen to the full episode here:
In This Episode
Keith brings muscle, brains, and pragmatism to the quest for health and performance. His simple but effective tips for exercise, health, and business could easily boost your results in all three areas.
- 4:20 – Taking control over your own health and financial situation
- 6:40 – On taking risk. Life is lived on the fringes.
- 11:00 – An evolutionary take on the pursuit of entrepreneurship, health, nutrition, and high performance
- 13:30 – How science often misses the big picture, and why that’s bad
- 17:00 – Biohacking and the paleo lifestyle: How do they co-exist?
- 19:00 – Obligate movers, opportunistic eaters. What can we learn from hunter gatherers?
- 22:00 – What it feels like to be 137 years old – ask Wolverine
- 22:30 – Wave and weave: The new and simple paradigm in exercise programming for health
- 23:00 – Should you HIIT or should you do endurance for better health?
- 28:30 – ARX Fit: How a simple machine can revolutionize your fitness in minimal time
- 33:00 – Strength vs strength endurance: Different people are wired differently
- 34:00 – Training with an injury: How to recover faster with ARX Fit
- 36:00 – How smart quantification can safely increase your strength and power output
- 41:00 – Concentric vs eccentric exercise: Which to use when?
- 42:00 – The difference between training for health and training for competition
- 43:00 – Is training periodization good for long term health? Maybe not.
- 45:00 – How “variety” can maximize your gains for exercise, economics, and movie box office sales
- 48:50 – Human adaptability: Leverage it to your advantage to increase fitness in less time
- 50:30 – Quantification: An important tool for the modern lifestyle
- 52:40 – Via negativa: If you shouldn’t be pounding the same modality, what should you be doing?
- 54:00 – Does self quantification conflict with a more “natural” lifestyle? Pros and cons
- 58:30 – Health goals? Don’t tackle 10,000 things at once. Stair step.